Preparing your Home for the Spring Market
Tags: Selling Your Home
If you are thinking of selling your home, Spring is a great time of the year to sell. After the whirlwind of Holiday events, prepare your home for a successful spring sale by doing so in the winter.
Early planning will help reduce and provide you with more time to make the best decisions. Here are a few tips to get your home ready for the spring market!
Hire a Real Estate Agent
A real estate agent will not only make sure your home is priced appropriately; they will also be your guide through every phase of the process in the weeks and months prior to listing, while your home is on the market, during that time, and after the sale of your home has closed.
Get Your Paperwork in OrderStart getting your paperwork in order. If you’re selling your home, you will need to go to the financial institution to find out your budget. If you’ve done any major renovations or maintenance on the home, get the receipts, building permits, and other relevant documents together; while these are not necessary, they certainly can be of interest to some buyers.
Repairs and Improvements
- Making small improvements is easy way to enhance the overall presentation of your property. Remember and understand that you often won't recuperate all your expenses for renovations.
- If you're going to spend serious money on anything, focus on the exterior of your home, since this is what potential buyers will see first.
- Paint with whites and neutrals. A new coat of paint is a relatively cheap and easy way to give an instant facelift to your house.
- Fix anything broken. getting your home pre-inspected so you know everything that's wrong upfront and repair accordingly.
- Pay attention to odors. The smell of pets, cooked food and tobacco can kill a home sale. Textiles such as carpet and throw rugs hold odors-having your carpet professionally cleaned before putting your home up for sale.
De-clutterImportant task to do before listing your home is to de-clutter the space. Organize and clean up each room separately. Usually, it makes sense to create categories and determine which one each object belongs in. For example: Trash, Donate, Sell, Keep. This will help you stay on track. A minimalistic approach is often best when selling your home It allows prospective buyers to see themselves and their belongings in your home without being distracted by clutter.
It's time to start improving your exterior curb appeal now that Spring is just around the corner. Spring is a great time for gardening and lawn care. The front and back of your home should be cleaned up after the winter season. Wipe down the exterior and windows, rearrange and clean the patio furniture, pick up any pet waste that was left over the winter, and add some stylish décor to the front door.
It is never too early to get your home ready for the spring market!
Find out how the Painted Door Realty Team can help you sell your home. Contact us today for a no-obligation call to see if we are the right fit for you.
If you want to learn more about "The repairs that should be made before putting your house on the market." check out and click on this link.